Note: Users must have VAPs (Value Added Products) built in Dx5, as well as enabled in any Inventory Warehouses they plan to remove Product from during Packaging before getting started. Review an article on Building New VAPs here: Inventory: Build A "VAP" - Value-Added Product (Read Time: 5 mins).
To Package a VAP, navigate to Inventory > VAP Packaging:
Click the orange Package VAP button in the upper right corner:
- Enter your Build Date/Time for the VAP Packaging.
- Select the VAP to package; all available VAPs will appear in the drop-down menu.
- If the VAP you're looking for does not appear, it may not be set up yet. Review the Build A VAP article linked above for help with setting up new VAPs.
Once the appropriate Value Added Product has been selected, the Package VAP form will display all Possible Builds for the VAP considering Inventory from any Warehouses the VAP Finished Products are stored within:
Below the Possible Builds table, users will then be required to select:
- The Destination Warehouse for storing the new VAPs after Packaging.
- The Build Quantity (number of VAPs) you wish to package.
- The Tax Status of the new VAPs:
- Bonded Tax Status should be selected for any VAPs packaged using Bonded Finished Products from their Dx5 systems.
- Tax Paid Tax Status should be selected if the new VAPs should use Dx5 Tax Paid Finished Product Inventory in the build.
Once the required fields are complete, use the Select Quantities table to tell Dx5 which Warehouse this packaging will pull Inventory from during the build.
- The Distilled Spirits Plant (DSP) Warehouse will appear first in the table with the Quantities needed for the Build entered against this Warehouse; since most Bonded Inventory is stored in the DSP (on-site) Warehouse, the Package VAP form defaults to it. If your Finished Product and attached Supply Inventory needed for this build is already in the DSP Warehouse, simply confirm the Quantities in the table and click Submit to finalize the VAP Packaging:
- Any additional Warehouses enabled in the VAP's set up will appear to the right of the Distilled Spirits Plant and Total columns in the table. To remove both the VAP's Finished Products and attached Supply Inventory from a different Warehouse, simply overwrite the default Quantities in the DSP Warehouse column and enter them in the applicable Warehouse's columns instead. Click Submit to finalize the VAP Packaging:
Note: The Supplies attached to the VAP must be stored in the Warehouse you are building your VAP from in the Select Quantities table, not the Destination Warehouse the VAP will be stored in after Packaging. In the screenshot directly above where 10 Units for each Product are entered to deplete from the Houdini Offsite Warehouse vs the DSP Warehouse, the system will look for any attached Supplies to also be stored in the Houdini Offsite Warehouse. Contact email@example.com for any questions about VAP Packaging runs.
Please sign in to leave a comment.