Dx5 Users who receive and work with Imported Spirit must complete and submit a Federal Storage report on Form 5110.11 for each of the below sources of products which they receive/hold in the Storage account for any given month:
1. Domestic Spirits and all Wines
2. Imported Spirits
3. Puerto Rican Spirits
4. Virgin Islands Spirits
To enable Dx5 to track Imported, Puerto Rican and Virgin Island Spirits on separate Federal Storage Report Covers:
- Users with Local System Admin access should navigate to Admin > System Settings:
- Click the orange Change Tax Settings button in the upper right corner:
- Locate the Multiple Monthly Storage Reports option towards the bottom of the form; flip the field from "No" to "Yes" via the drop-down menu.
- Click Save Settings.
Once the system is enabled for Multiple Monthly Storage Reports, users will need to designate which Report cover their existing Dx5 Batch Types should report on.
- Navigate to Operations > Setup, and click the Batch Types tab within the Setup table:
- Click the Gold Batch Type name to enter the Batch Type Details page, then navigate to the Edit button in the upper right corner of the page:
- Scroll down to the Storage section of the Edit form and locate the "Report As" box that has appeared. Designate whether the Batch Type should report as Domestic Spirit and All Wines, Imported Spirits, Puerto Rican Spirits or Virgin Island Spirits.
- If users enable Dx5 for Imported Spirit Reporting before they begin working with Imported Spirit in Dx5, per the Note at the beginning of this article, the designation here should be "Domestic Spirit and All Wines" for all active Batch Types. If users have Imported Spirit Batch Types established prior to performing these actions, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
To view the additional Federal Storage Report covers which will be tracking your Imported, Puerto Rican and Virgin Island Spirits:
- Navigate to Reports > Taxes & Reports, and choose the Tax Report Month/Year you wish to view.
- Click the Federal Storage tab in the Reports table, and observe the additional Report Covers now appear in Gold, Underlined text:
- Click to select the Storage Report cover you'd like to view; the system will refresh the Report and display the Imported Spirit cover selected. Report Covers can be Printed or Downloaded via the orange buttons in the top right corner of the Report: