Did you forget to include a transaction (i.e. Sales Order), or notice a mistake on a previously filed Federal Monthly Report of Operations? Don't worry - it happens.
If you or someone on your Team has forgotten to log a transaction, or discovered a mistake on a previously filed Federal Production, Storage or Processing Report you should take the following actions in order to stay compliant:
1) First, check to see if your books are closed for that particular filing period in DISTILL x 5 via Reports > Close Books (Note: FAQs on Close Books Process).
- If your books are closed, please reach out to the Dx5 Support Team by emailing Support@fx5solutions.com, or via the Support Widget located in the bottom right of your Dx5 software. The Support Team can reopen your books for you.
- If your books are open, you may add or modify the transaction accordingly.
- Note: If your books are open and you are still unable to perform the modification, please reach out to the Dx5 Support Team.
2) After the necessary additions and/or modifications have been completed, please re-close your books via Reports > Close Books.
3) The process for filing Amended Federal Reports will depend on how many filing periods the modifications affected. For example, if the last set of Federal Reports you filed was for March, but you discovered an error in your January Reports, you will need to file an Amended January, February and March Report.
- Note: If the error only occurred on your Federal Processing Report, then you will only need to file Amended Processing Report for the affected months.
4) If you are currently mailing in your Federal Reports, you will need to clearly hand-write "Amended Report" in the upper right hand corner of each revised Report you need to remit. If you are currently filing your reports online, you can access previously 'Submitted Reports' from your pay.gov portal. From there, you may edit each report accordingly and 'Submit' the form again to the TTB.
**If you are still mailing in your Federal Reports but want to move to electronic submission, check out our Dx5 Chrome Extension - it makes electronic filing via pay.gov a much smoother process and saves you time**