Once batch costing is turned on, a total inventory value can be manually assigned to finished products with existing inventory. Otherwise, the value will be generated after the first bottling. Finished product costs are calculated from batch costs, and supplies that are used during bottling, so it is critical to make sure that those costs are correct to calculate an accurate average unit cost when bottling.
If the total value or average unit cost become inaccurate, the total inventory value can be adjusted by following the steps below:
- Navigate to Inventory - Overview
- Find the finished product needing an adjusted value, then select the item
- Once viewing the product details page, navigate to Item Actions - Edit Size
- Toward the bottom of the form, check the box to Adjust Total Inventory Value*
- Enter the value of the inventory
- Save the new value
This will adjust the total inventory value and the average unit cost.