Adding Suppliers to Inventory items in DISTILL x 5 is important for tracking inventory costs as well as reordering materials via Purchase Orders in the system. Suppliers must already be created in the system to be attached to Inventory items; view a video resource on how to add a new Supplier here.
To add Suppliers to Inventory items:
- Navigate to Inventory > Overview
- Click the Inventory item name you wish to add a Supplier to
- From the item's overview, navigate to Item Actions > Add Supplier
- Complete the required fields within the form to attach Supplier details. Note: Default Cost is requested; users should enter the cost they expect to pay from the Supplier in this field. Users have the ability to enter the exact unit cost paid when receiving materials through a Purchase Order
- Select Save Supplier to save changes