Adding Suppliers to Inventory items in DISTILL x 5 is important for Batch Costing Users, as well as any user reordering Inventory via Dx5 Purchase Orders. Connecting an Inventory Item to a Supplier allows for easy reordering and accurate Average Unit Cost tracking upon Dx5 PO Receipt.
To add New Suppliers to Dx5 Inventory items:
- Navigate to Inventory > Overview.
- From either the Raw Materials or Supplies tab, locate the Inventory Item in need of a Supplier Edit and click the Gold Item Name.
- From the Inventory Item's Overview page, navigate to Item Actions > Add Supplier
- Select the new Supplier from the drop-down list, and enter the expected Default Cost/Unit for the Inventory Item from the Supplier.
- Note: Default Cost/Unit is required; Dx5 users should enter the Cost they expect to pay the Supplier for this item per default Unit (ex: lbs, kgs, gals, etc.) in this field. Users will have the opportunity to enter the exact Unit Cost while Receiving Dx5 Purchase Orders. See this resource for more details: Inventory: Receive Supplier Purchase Order.
- Select Save Supplier to save changes