Receiving a Purchase Order in DISTILL x 5 allows the user to easily manage their inventory and capture varying unit costs for the same inventory item. This helps to keep batch costs accurate with batch costs enabled. To receive a purchase order, you must first create a new purchase order.
To receive a Purchase Order:
- Navigate to Inventory / Purchase Orders
- Locate the PO to be received and use the blue options arrows on the right to select Receive
- Select the checkbox(es) for the items to be received (POs can be partially received)
- Enter the quantity received
- Enter the Unit Cost (NOTE: the value will show the default unit cost of the item. Enter a new cost by typing into the field. Users can enter up to four decimal places, allowing for more accurate unit costing).
- Enter date received
- Check "Mark as Filled" if the entire PO has been received. If there are more items to receive, leave this unchecked to keep the PO active.
- Click Receive Items when finished