Inventory Purchase Orders in DISTILL x 5 not only help make managing inventory easier, but it also helps to capture rolling average unit costs of your inventory. This is critical for keeping batch costs accurate.
To create a new Purchase Order:
- Navigate to Inventory / Purchase Orders
- Click + New PO in the top-right of the screen
- Choose the Supplier (the items you can order are based off this list. Attach suppliers to inventory items as needed to make sure you can create POs for those items).
- Enter PO Date and Expected Receipt Date (if applicable)
- Enter PO number
- Choose supplies to be ordered and their quantities
- Click + Add Item to add multiple supplies to the PO
- Enter Freight Cost (NOTE: Freight Cost does not get calculated into Average Unit Cost. To account for freight in Average Unit Cost, divide total freight charge by number of units received, and add that to unit cost when receiving the PO).
- **The Freight Cost Line will not appear when supplies and raw materials are linked to QBO**
- Click Save PO.