Inventory Purchase Orders in DISTILL x 5 not only help make managing inventory easier, but they also help to capture rolling Average Unit Costs of your inventory items. For Dx5 Batch Costing Users, receiving new system inventory via Purchase Orders is critical for keeping their rolling Average Unit Costs accurate.
Note: Users will simply attach Inventory Items to Dx5 Purchase Orders and Supplier Default Costs will be used when Supplier POs are initially Created. Users are given the opportunity to adjust those Supplier Default Costs to reflect actual Costs paid while Receiving Supplier Purchase Orders.
To create a new Purchase Order:
- Navigate to Inventory / Purchase Orders
- Click + New PO in the top-right of the screen
- Choose the Supplier (the items you can order are based off this list. Attach suppliers to inventory items as needed to make sure you can create POs for those items).
- Enter PO Date and Expected Receipt Date (if applicable)
- Enter PO number
- Choose supplies to be ordered and their quantities
- Click + Add Item to add multiple supplies to the PO
- Enter Freight Cost (NOTE: Freight Cost does not get calculated into Average Unit Cost. To account for freight in Average Unit Cost, divide total freight charge by number of units received, and add that to unit cost when receiving the PO).
- **The Freight Cost Line will not appear when supplies and raw materials are linked to QBO**
- Click Save PO.