Inventory Purchase Orders in DISTILL x 5 not only help make managing Inventory easier, but they also help to capture the rolling Average Unit Costs of your Inventory items. For Dx5 Batch Costing Users, receiving new system inventory via Purchase Orders is critical for keeping their rolling Average Unit Costs accurate.
Note: Users will simply attach Inventory Items to Dx5 Purchase Orders and Supplier Default Costs will be used when Supplier POs are initially Created. Users are given the opportunity to adjust those Supplier Default Costs to reflect actual Costs paid while Receiving Supplier Purchase Orders.
To create a new Purchase Order:
- Navigate to Inventory > Purchase Orders
- Click + New PO in the top-right of the screen
- Select the Destination Warehouse for receipt of your PO Inventory.
- Note: Items must be stored in the DSP Warehouse to be depleted in Dx5 Batches or Bottling runs.
- Choose the Supplier you're ordering Inventory from.
- Note: If a Supplier name does not appear here, attach the Supplier to your Dx5 Inventory Items by following the steps in this article: Inventory: Add New Supplier to Item (Read Time: 1 min).
- Enter a PO Date and if desired enter a Set Expected Date for this receipt. Only the PO Date is required.
- Enter a unique PO Number (maximum of 21 Characters).
- Choose the Items to be ordered along with the Order Quantity and Container type.
- Note: The "Unit" Container Type seen here reflects the Default Unit of Measure for an Item (ex: Gallons, Pounds, Kilograms, Liters, etc.). Other Dx5 Container Types will appear if the Item has additional Storage Profiles in Dx5.
- Click + Add Item to add additional Inventory Items to the Purchase Order.
- Users who are not integrated with QBO will see a field to record an optional Freight Cost. If desired, enter the Freight Cost for this Order here to display it on the Dx5 Purchase Order total upon receipt.
- Note: Freight Cost does not get calculated into Average Unit Cost. To account for Freight in Average Unit Cost, review the advice in our Batch Costing FAQs page. As stated above, this field will not appear for Users integrated with QBO.
- If the Inventory has already been received on-site, users can select Receive PO to jump into a Dx5 PO Receipt immediately. See our Receive Purchase Order article for help with this process: Inventory: Receive Supplier Purchase Order. If the Inventory is not physically on-site yet, simply skip this quick-action.
- Click Save PO when the PO creation is complete. See Receive Purchase Order article linked above for assistance with PO Receipts in Dx5.
Please sign in to leave a comment.