DISTILL x 5's Batch Costing feature allows Users to apply and track values of their system's Batches and Inventory Items. For more information on Batch Costing, review our FAQ page: Batch Costing FAQs.
To enable Batch Costing in your Dx5 system for the first time, reach out to the Dx5 Support Team. Once Batch Costs are enabled, follow these articles to complete your system's setup and begin tracking these costs throughout your system:
- Adjust Total Inventory Values for Raw Materials/Supplies
- IMPORTANT NOTE: After a Total Inventory Value is set and a user adjusts the quantity of the Raw Material or Supply (Item Actions > Adjust Quantity) the Total Inventory Value will remain constant and the Average Unit Cost will be adjusted to reflect the change in quantity, which will adversely affect your costing data. Users should be utilizing Dx5's Purchase Order feature (see link below) to ensure the Average Unit Costs of the items are updated accurately upon receipt.
- Adjust Total Inventory Value for Finished Products
- Inventory: Adjust Total Inventory Value of VAPs - Value Added Products
- Attach Supplies to Finished Products
- Set a new Batch Cost
To learn more about how Batch Costing works with other Dx5 features, see these articles:
- Inventory: Add New Supplier to Item
- Inventory: Deactivate or Edit Supplier Details
- Receive Inventory Purchase Orders
- Finished Product Average Unit Costs
- Take Batch Costing to the next level with our Quickbooks Online Integration!