Note: This issue could arise in parts II (2), III (3), or IV (4) of the Production report, though these transactions usually track appropriately in Part I (1).
To track your spirit through all parts of the Production report, each source Batch Type must have a reporting category established where applicable within the operational stages of the Production report. To make sure that everything is recording in the system as it should be:
- Navigate to Operations > Setup and click the tab for Batch Types
- Locate the Batch Type in question and click the dual blue arrows at the far right of the Batch Type
- Click the pencil icon to Edit
- Under the section for Bulk Production, confirm that all necessary boxes are checked
- If Spirit 190º or More, check the box and identify the material kind
- If Whiskey, check the box and identify the kind and cooperage used
- If Brandy, check the box and identify the brandy kind
- Click to Save Batch Type
Best Practice: Ensure that your spirit is recorded correctly through every step of the production process! Check your selections in the spirit reporting drop down menus while you solve this problem.