In order to receive already-fermented liquid for distillation, users will need to setup a Raw Material with a Fermentable Reporting Type established (for proper Production Part VI tracking), a Bonded Product, a Supplier, and a Batch Type (if it isn't already established). Users will also need to enable a vessel to be accessed in Post-Fermentation Holding, and ensure that the Batch Type for which this liquid will be used has the Post-Fermentation stage enabled. See below for process steps on all items:
1. Set Up a Raw Material
- Navigate to Inventory > Overview and click the Add Item button
- Choose the Raw Materials category and select the appropriate Fermentable Reporting Type
- If the necessary reporting type does not exist in this list, create it by clicking +Add a custom reporting type at the bottom of the drop-down menu
- Type in your reporting type name and choose the reporting category
- Enter this reporting type into the system by clicking the Add button
- Fill out the other necessary information for your new Raw Material and Save
2. Enable Batch Type in Post-Fermentation
Note: If this is a new batch type that has not yet been created, use the Setup Actions button in the top right corner of the Operations > Setup page to add a new Batch Type.
- Navigate to Operations > Setup and click the Batch Types tab, then find the Batch Type for which the fermented liquid will be used
- Click the blue arrow at the end of row, then the pencil icon to Edit
- Scroll to Production, and make sure Post-Fermentation is checked
3. Set Up the Bonded Product
Note: If the supplier is not yet set up in your system, you must first do so. Navigate to Inventory > Suppliers and click the Add New Supplier button to complete this process.
- Navigate to Operations > Setup and, under Setup Actions in the top right corner, select Add In-Bond Product
- Fill in the appropriate details for the in-bond product you are bringing into your system
Note: As it can be adjusted when receiving spirit in-bond, Alcohol Content may be approximated. The supplier must be setup up prior to setting up the Product.
- Select the Batch Type that you will be bring this liquid into and click the button to Create In-Bond Product
4. Enable Vessel in Post-Fermentation
Note: If this vessel has not yet been created in the system, navigate to Operations > Setup. Click Setup Actions, in the top right corner, then the button to Add a New Vessel.
- Navigate to Operations > Setup and click the Vessels tab and find the Vessel into which the liquid will be brought
- Click the blue arrow at the end of this line item, then the pencil icon to Edit
- Scroll down to Production and check the box for Post-Fermentation
Next, you must bring the liquid into your system and use it in your distillation process. You will need to receive the fermented material into Post-Fermentation and then add Materials so that the use of the beer is properly recorded on Part VI of the Production report.
1. Receive the Fermented Material and Create a Batch
- Navigate to Operations > Overview and click the Receive Spirit button in the top portion of your screen.
- Choosing which Product you are to receive, adjusting the Received Alcohol content accordingly, and choose the Batch Type you are receiving into
- Choose the Post-Fermentation Stage and set the Destination Vessel as a vessel enabled for the Post-Fermentation stage
Note: If this has not been completed, or you are seeing no Destination Vessel choices, please see "Enable a Vessel in Post-Fermentation" above
- Enter the volume received into that vessel and upload any accompanying BOL documents associated with the physical transaction
2. Record the use of the Raw Material
- In the Batch just received in the system, click the Batch Actions button, at the top right, then Add Material to add the use of the Fermented Material to this batch
- Choose the Add Single Material option, then choose the material from the list to make the association and properly record this on the Federal Production Reports under part VI
- Specify the appropriate amount or equivalent gallons received in and click Add Raw Material to complete the record