To create a new Value-Added Package in your Dx5 system:
- Navigate to Inventory > VAP Packaging
- On the top right, click the button to Setup VAP
- Fill out the appropriate details for the package to be created, including its tax status (if tax-paid, check the box accordingly)
- Click the button to Save Item
- Set the starting quantity of VAP from available inventory and, if desired, set reorder alerts
- Click Submit
Packaging supplies may also be attached. To access the VAP and attach supplies:
- Navigate to Inventory > Overview and click the Value Added Products tab
- Click the orange hyperlinked Product Name
- Under Item Actions, at the top right, click Attach Supplies
- Assign necessary supplies and click the button to Attach Supplies
All standard Inventory options will also be available from Inventory > Overview > Value Added Products.
Note: VAPs may also be added from Operations > Overview > Setup Actions > Add VAP or from Inventory > Overview > Add Item.
To view a video on this process, click here.