VAPs, or Value Added Products, are Dx5's tool for building/tracking Gift Packs, Variety Packs, etc. VAPs are built using existing Dx5 Finished Product and Supply Inventory. A video of this process can be viewed here: Inventory: Build a New VAP (Video).
Start by navigating to Inventory > VAP Packaging:
In the top right corner of VAP Packaging, click the orange button to Setup VAP:
Users will be routed to the Add Item form. To build a new VAP (Value-Added Product):
- Enter the Item Name for the new VAP
- Select "Value Added Product" from the Item Category drop-down menu.
- An Item # is required; enter an internal Item # for the VAP, or create one on the fly.
- Check the Dated box to assign an item creation date in the past. If this option is not selected, the item's creation date will be the date/time of entry.
- This option should be utilized by users who intend to create an inventory item, and then backdate the first inventory transactions on this item.
- QBO-enabled Users: Assigning a past creation date to the item will push the correct creation date to QBO in the onset, prevent backdating errors when those initial inventory transactions are entered.
Value Added Product Info:
- Check the "Tax-Paid Item" box ONLY if you are adding a new VAP for which the Tax has already been paid. If the new VAP has never been built, or existing Inventory you'll add to the new VAP is considered "Bonded", leave this box unchecked.
- The Cost and Price fields which follow are optional; users can enter the following detail if desired:
- Production Cost: The Cost required to produce One Unit.
- Wholesale Price: The Default Price per Unit at which the VAP is sold to a Distributor.
- Note: The Wholesale Price is the price that will appear in the "Unit Price" field on future Dx5 Fulfillment Orders.
- Retail Price: The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP).
- Enable the new VAP in any Warehouses needed - Distilled Spirits Plant Warehouse storage will be selected by default. Users can only remove Products from enabled Warehouses during future VAP Packaging runs.
- Click the green "+ Add Products" button to begin attaching Dx5 Finished Products to the new VAP:
- Choose the first VAP Product attachment from the drop-down menu, and enter the Quantity of Units to attach to the VAP.
- Note: The Product drop-down menu will display all Dx5 Finished Products. New Finished Products can be built using the steps in this article: Inventory: Add New Finished Product (Read Time: 5 mins).
- Select the green "+ Add Another" option to attach additional Finished Products to the VAP as needed. Click the Red "X" to remove accidental attachments.
- Click the blue "Save Products" button to finalize the Product attachments.
- To establish a Case Storage Profile for the new VAP, click the green "+ Add Profiles" button:
- Select "Case" from the Container Type list.
- Enter the Units Per Container. This value should add up to the total number of VAPs packaged into a larger Case for distribution/shipping.
- Click the blue "Save Profile" button to finalize the Case Storage Profile.
- Click the green "+ Add Supply" button.
- Choose the first Supply item to attach to the VAP from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the correct Supply Count and Item Count for this attachment. 1:1 is the typical ratio; this will attach 1 Supply Item to 1 VAP Packaged. For a Supply like a Box used in Case packaging, the Supply Count will be 1 per number of VAPs in your Case.
- Click the blue "Attach Supply" button to attach.
- Additional Supplies can be attached by clicking the green "+ Add Supply" button and following the above steps. Accidental Supplies can be removed by clicking the Red "X Detach" option.
When all necessary Products, Profiles and Supplies have been attached, click Create to save the new VAP. If additional Inventory Items (Raw Material, Supply, Finished Product, VAP) need to be added to DISTILL x 5, click Create & Add Another to save the new Supply and re-open the Add Item form so users can jump right into their next build:
Please sign in to leave a comment.