To collect distillate from your still, it should be charged and fired first - see this article for instructions: Operations: Charge Still (Read Time: 1 min)
» For a video on Making a Distillation Collection, review the following resource: Production: Make a Distillation Collection (Video)
Navigate to: Operations > Overview and locate the still. Click on the Batch Type link to open the batch details page ("GNS" in this example):
On the batch details page, click Batch Actions > Collect/Complete in the header navigation:
Complete the form as follows:
- Enter the Date/Time on which the collection occurred
- Select the destination vessel
- Choose the appropriate destination batch type
- Select the Gauge Type:
- Destination Volume - When using this method, enter the gauge data (proof and quantity) for the collection vessel final volume after the collection has been made. This allows you to collect into a vessel that already has spirit in it; DISTILL x 5 will compare the gauge data from before and after collection and infer your produced quantity from the difference between the two.
- Collection Volume - When using this method, enter the amount of spirit that was collected off of the still, regardless of destination vessel status (full, empty or partial). If your production gauge is determined through flow meters, this is the correct method for recording your production quantities.
- Enter the appropriate quantity and alcohol content (depending on your Gauge Type selection)
- Optionally, click +Add Another Collection Vessel to log more collections (e.g. heads, tails, feints, additional hearts cuts, etc).
- If you are done collecting from this batch, check the Complete Run checkbox to mark the distillation batch as completed. If left unchecked, you will be able to record additional collections later on.
- If you'd like to mark any remaining volume in the still as a loss/waste, check the Dump Remainder checkbox.
- Click Complete to finalize your collection(s).