In Dx5, Finished Products are defined as Bottled Spirit.
To add a New Finished Product to Dx5:
- Navigate to Inventory > Overview
- Click the "+Add Item" button in orange in the top right corner
- Once on the New Item form, enter a Name for this item
- Click the Item Category drop-down menu, and select Finished Product. The form will populate new fields to complete based on the category selected here.
- Enter an optional Item #, if desired (for internal tracking purposes only)
- In the Track By field, select the appropriate unit of measure for tracking this item.
- Enter an optional Description for this item, if desired.
- Check the Dated box to assign an item creation date in the past. If this option is not selected, the item's creation date will be the date/time of entry.
- This option should be utilized by users who intend to create an inventory item, and then backdate the first inventory transactions on this item.
- QBO-enabled Users: Assigning a past creation date to the item will push the correct creation date to QBO in the onset, prevent backdating errors when those initial inventory transactions are entered.
Finished Product Info:
- Enter labeled Alcohol Content and Alcohol Unit (Proof or ABV) for the product.
- Complete Item Size details for the primary Item Size:
- Size Name: Max of 8 characters, should be reflective of item name/size.
- Size #: optional, for internal tracking purposes only.
- Volume and Volume Unit: labeled bottle size (example for a 750 mL size: Volume = 750, Volume Unit = mL)
- Unit/Production Cost: optional informational field only - this should be the cost to produce one unit.
- Batch Costing users: Average Unit Cost will start calculating in Dx5 after the first bottling run of this item. This field is purely informational.
- Wholesale Price: optional field - default price product is sold to a Distributor/Customer. This price will appear on Sales Orders.
- Retail Price: optional field, MSRP
Click Create Item to save the new Finished Product.
Note: adding Starting Quantity to Finished Products should be done via an inventory adjustment after the system has established the product/size(s) at 0 quantity. For guidance on adding Starting Inventory, review this article: Inventory: Adjust Quantity of Finished Product.