This article addresses both Partial and Full harvest. These functions were previously separate, but have been combined for ease of use.
Partial Harvest: Some, but not all, spirit is being removed from a given barrel. This spirit must be gauged on harvest to determine the proof of the spirit leaving the barrel, and the volume withdrawn must be recorded.
Full Harvest: All of the available spirit in a barrel is being removed. This could incur a gain or a loss, depending on the barrel's contents; in the case of such discrepancies, the total gain or loss of a harvest will be divided evenly among the barrels harvested. If a user wishes to more accurately report the gain/loss on a particular barrel, the Partial Harvest function should be used.
To fully harvest all spirit from filled barrels:
- Navigate to any Operations page and click Barrel Actions - Harvest
- Select the date of harvest, the source stage (if both Storage and Processing barrels exist), the destination stage, vessel, and batch type.
- Note: Processing barrels must be harvested into the Bulk Processing stage. Additionally, vessel and destination batch type will determine available barrels, based on legally allowed transactions.
- Select one or more Barrel Batch Types from the list. Note: No barrels will appear until fewer than 1,000 barrels meet the defined search criteria.
- Optional: Specify an age date range from which to harvest
- Select one or more Barrel Profiles from the list.
- From the displayed results, check the selection box for one or more barrels. If harvesting all active barrels, use the "Select All" bulk harvest option at the top of the table. The selected barrels will group by unique batch type, and may be removed by clicking the red X to the right of any barrel.
- Enter the total volume and alcohol content after the destination vessel has been properly gauged. Note: This form asks for the total destination volume of any original contents plus the harvested volume. Example: destination vessel already has 10 gals occupying it, harvested volume is 90 gals; total end destination vessel volume is 100 gals.
- Any calculated gain or loss will display below. Confirm the calculation and click Submit to complete.
To partially harvest some, but not all, spirit from currently filled barrels:
- Follow the above instructions to search for and select barrels for harvest
- Check the box for "Partial Harvest"
- For each selected barrel, specify the volume and alcohol content of the harvest. The calculated proof gallons harvested will appear on the right side of the barrel display.
- Confirm the calculated total destination volume and alcohol content, and click Submit to complete.
- Notes on Partial Harvests:
- There are no proof restrictions on partial harvests. The proof gallons harvested will be removed from the batch, leaving the requisite number of proof gallons behind.
- When the harvest is less than the total proof gallons in the source batch, the remainder will stay in the source barrel.
- The harvested proof gallons may not exceed those in the source; for such an action, please use the Full Harvest option to log the appropriate gain.
- A batch may be fully harvested through the Partial Harvest form; the barrel will be appropriately cleared and returned as Empty.
- Notes on Partial Harvests: