Manual Adjustments to Dx5 Inventory should only be performed after a physical inventory, and in response to correcting Dx5's displayed Inventory level. To Adjust the Quantity of a Raw Material or Supply Item:
- Navigate to Inventory > Overview and click the Raw Materials or Supplies tab based on the type of Inventory requiring an adjustment.
- Locate the Inventory Item from the list, then click the blue arrows to the right to expand the Quick Actions menu. Select Adjust Quantity:
On the Adjust Quantity Form:
- Enter the Adjustment Date/Time for the transaction.
- Select the Adjustment Type:
- Addition: use in the event of Found Inventory
- Depletion: use in the event of Lost Inventory
- Recalibration: allows a Recalibration of an Item's entire Quantity, versus an Addition or Depletion. This option should not be used by Batch Costing Users.
- Enter the Quantity and Container type of the Adjustment.
- Choose a PDF File to upload in the BOL Document Upload field if desired; this field is Optional.
- Also Optional is the Note field; enter any details on this Adjustment that you may wish to keep on file. Typical Notes reference the reason for Adjustment, any details which should be attached to the Adjustment, etc. Notes are great for record-keeping purposes and will display in Dx5.
Another reminder about Average Unit Cost changes will appear in Batch Costing-enabled systems to make sure Users are aware of the system behavior described at the beginning of this article. No action needs to be taken; this Note is informational only:
To confirm and finalize the Adjustment, click the Perform Adjustment button at the bottom of the form.