Enabling the Quickbooks Integration
- Navigate to Accounting > Overview (contact Fx5 Support if you do not see this option)
- After reading the Dx5 + QBO Integration agreement, click Intuit Login
- A QBO Admin will be able to log into your Intuit account to allow DISTILL x 5 to establish the Integration
- Optional: Set a class for all transactions sent to Quickbooks from this system
You’ll automatically be redirected to this page, or you may click Accounting > Accounts. As explained in Before You Integrate, Dx5 requires specific accounts to be in your Chart of Accounts to track your production data. If the accounts already exist (with exact naming), we’ll integrate seamlessly. You may always reassign transactions once they’re in QuickBooks, but if you have similar, though not exactly, named accounts, you will want to rename them before integrating.
Click Link Accounts to accept the creation or linking of these accounts.
Navigate to Accounting > Contacts. As detailed in Before You Integrate, each customer, supplier, and in-bond recipient should be mapped to or added as a Quickbooks contact. On each tab on the Contacts integration page, select the appropriate QBO contact for each Dx5 contact displayed, or select “Add New Contact to QBO” at the bottom of the dropdown list.
Once the Quickbooks integration is enabled inventory prices will begin to calculate based on received material costs. To set the value of existing inventory:
- Navigate to Accounting > Inventory and click the Raw Materials tab
- For each item, enter the total value of the on-hand inventory, or click the existing unit
costs, in blue, to use that unit cost to calculate the total inventory value. The “Use Default” button, in yellow, will use default costs for all items to determine the total inventory value.
- If you have not yet accounted for the value of the materials in QuickBooks or are using Dx5 inventory costs as the source of truth for reconciliation, check “Send to QBO” to submit the value as an adjusting journal entry to QuickBooks. This entry will appear as a debit to Inventory:Ingredients and a credit to COGS:Inventory Adjustments (per QuickBooks inventory defaults).
- Click “Submit” to submit the total inventory values for raw materials, and repeat the process for any Supplies by clicking the next tab.
Finished Products Integration (Requires Quickbooks Plus Subscription)
Navigate to Accounting > Finished Products. To track finished product inventory and create invoices when orders are shipped, all Dx5 finished products must exist in Quickbooks. Just like in Contacts, for each product size, choose the appropriate Quickbooks product, or select “Add New Product to QBO”. Each size must be set as a unique product.
Existing Batch Values
Once the Dx5 and QBO accounts are linked, existing batch values can be sent to QBO by following the steps below.
- Navigate into the active batch
- Select into the batch, then select Batch Actions > Edit, then enter in the new cost and select "Push to Quickbooks"