Per 27 CFR, Finished Products must be Bottled on Bonded premises therefore Units created from Dx5 Bottling Runs will automatically be considered Bonded. Users who need to hold Tax Paid product in Dx5 can do so by creating a Tax Paid Inventory Variant to Transfer Bonded Product into.
To create a Tax Paid Inventory Variant:
- Navigate to Inventory > Overview
- Locate the Bonded Finished Product Size which needs a new Tax-Paid variant, and click the dual blue arrows to the far right of the item to expand the Quick Actions menu
- From Quick Actions, select Transfer Inventory
On the Transfer Warehouse Inventory form:
- Enter a Transfer Date/Time.
- Select the Bonded Source Tax Status, as well as a Destination Warehouse for the new inventory variant. The Destination Tax Status should be Tax Paid.
- If Bonded Inventory Units should be moved to Tax Paid Status with this action, enter the number of Units or Cases in Transfer Quantity and Units.
- Note: This Transfer will calculate and display Federal Excise Tax due and can be reviewed via Reports > Taxes and Reports.
- If users simply need to create a Tax Paid Variant for future use, enter 0 in the Transfer Quantity and Units fields. This action will create a Tax Paid Variant in Dx5 but will not impact Federal Excise Reports.
- Enter a Transfer Note if desired to accompany the Dx5 Inventory Transaction.
- Click Submit to save changes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.